When it comes to making changes to your smile, selecting the right cosmetic dentist is crucial to achieving the desired results. While all dentists are taught how to perform various procedures within the scope of cosmetic dentistry, the ability to achieve a high level of experience requires extensive study and training, which can take many years. To ensure you get the best results, it's important to do your research and find a qualified and experienced cosmetic dentist. One of the best ways to determine if a cosmetic dentist is the right fit for you is to schedule a consultation with them.
This is a stress-free visit where you'll talk to them about the types of results you'd like to achieve and any concerns you may have. Depending on what you say, they can develop a personalized treatment plan to help you meet your smile goals. Once you've found some of the top candidates, follow these 11 steps to examine the cosmetic dentists you've found before committing to in-office treatment:
- Ask about their education and experience.
- Find out if they use quality materials.
- Ask if their dental ceramist has received accreditation through the AACD.
- Ask how often they make smile changes.
- Ask how they will ensure that their work is what you asked for.
- Find out what areas of expertise your dentist specializes in.
- Get referrals from other people.
- Look for patient testimonials online.
- Check their training and education.
- See if they have enough experience.
- Visit their office and see if you feel comfortable there.
But if you need a major procedure, such as a smile makeover, you'll want to look for an experienced and qualified cosmetic dentist to give you the best results. To achieve the best results, you should choose a cosmetic dentist who has a clear idea of what treatment is most appropriate, taking into account your preferences and goals. Research and a sense of trust are important in choosing which cosmetic dentist should do this work for you. If you don't like the environment and better options are available, go to the cosmetic dentist's office where you feel most comfortable receiving treatment.